Monday, June 14, 2010

500 days of summer

If you love romantic movies you should watch this one.  If you despise romance in movies, the comedy might keep you engaged.  I loved both parts of the movie.  Especially the comedy in romance.

Zooey was angelic as usual and that increased the magnitude of the messages in the scenes.  I couldnt help but fit myself in certain scenes (not because of the girl, but because of the coincidences).  I am sure there is such a scene for all of us.  All in all, I laughed about my past failures and the movie's closing just pumped me enough to think about writing a thamizh poem on love.

Let alone a group, it is amazing how many a times a person goes through the circle of love but still never gets to change their course of action.  It is something like the time travel shown in various movies, but the person who travels only travels in order to set the future or rather the past if you will. 
There have been people who come out of the circle, only to refrain themselves from getting into anything else.  And there is the other kind which stays in the circle with one person but stops moving.  The movie itself however was very lifting for me.  

Of course, I am referring to the majorities in the above paragraph.  We believe (please note, believe) in "the one".  It is this belief that makes the circle possible.  It is also the belief that makes love possible.

There is no hidden meaning in scenes.  Everything is presented to you as it happens (not in chronological sequence) and you are to make meaning out of it.  And I think the screenplay was just beautiful.  It was very different from other "Boy meets girl.  They fall in love." stories.  Hope you get to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment