"Up in the air" is a movie that is worth watching when you have time in your hands and a mind to appreciate human behavior even if that behavior is outside of your thought realms. I think irrespective of your stand on selfishness, it will leave you with a sense of contentment. The perspective the movie takes, in a time period of economic crisis and unemployment, is profound.
I was able to totally relate to the lead character. May be I will look back at this article after few years and wonder what made me think family is a burden. May be not. It is a perspective, family can weigh you down. But it can also lift you up when you need a shoulder to lean on. The perks of travel were so beautifully portrayed in the movie. Of course, they did not show the sufferings of air travel, but any style of living has its merits and demerits.
The subject matter was simple, purposefully constantly moving. The part where the lead character talks about the institution of marriage to his future brother-in-law is very interesting, given the fact he himself aint married.
This is one of the movies where I felt like I belonged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment